It’s been a cool couple days in Doublelicks-land, link-wise. We keep a running list of press mentions on our press page, but these are cool and note a specific mention:
- BITCH MEDIA: We were interviewed by Sarah Mirk on the Popaganda podcast about Geekdom, sexism, and staying positive. We also played a song, and the other guests include some of our favorite humans, Elizabeth Sampat and Sammus.
- the FEMINIST CHRISTMAS SONG that we wrote for Cards Against Humanity’s HolidayBullshit.com project got picked up a few cool places: Mic.com | Huffington Post | Bustle | Cosmopolitan.com (YES THAT IS COSMO)
- OREGONIAN: Our Kickstarter got a mention in the O’s music end-of-year post.
- CAT CHANNEL: I’m really excited that we were written about on a site called “Cat Channel.”
- Musician, fangirl and awesome human THEFIFTHSISTER wrote a comprehensive review and introduction to the Doubleclicks on her nerd music blog.
Superfan note: If you go to these posts and leave a comment about the article, or even just visit, the spike in interest makes The Doubleclicks & our fans look good, and might make them want to cover us again! As a former journalist, I can say that this actually sometimes works.